Free handbuilt pottery ideas by artist Jen Pratt
Beginner pottery classes: this pottery box art project is designed to help beginners get a feel for working with clay. This handbuilt, slab constructed box includes a rounded lid and feet. Check out the pottery tools post if you need a refresher on different types of tools and their uses.
Products To Get Started With Pottery:
*Disclosure: This beginner pottery ideas class contains links that I earn a small commission on, at no additional cost to you. Purchasing through these links is a great way to support this art demonstration site, as is purchasing artworks!
- The clay used was similar to this low fire white clay (my current clay).
- I have several sets of clay tools, but a great set for beginners is this Kemper Pottery Tool Set.
- Rolling pins (there are even textured rolling pins!)
- Glazing is the next step for this piece!
- Cones, shelves, kilns, and more if you’re firing the piece yourself.